Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Popsicle Sticks




Yes, Darling Honors Children, the Popsicle sticks are here.
What, exactly, do these funny little things mean? No, not that we are having a messy snack in class... you know how I feel about buggies and creepy crawlie thingies...iew.
If you receive a Popsicle stick during class, it means simply that you are not best utilizing the time given to you to complete your projects. We decided to start this when a few students came to me ad said there was too much work to do, between Honors English, AP History, other classes, sports, family obligations, boy/girl friends, lalalalalala. This way, we will all be made aware how well we use our time, myself included.
At the end of each week, we will count our sticks and see how well or how poorly time was managed.
I love you all. This is not a punishment; this is a tool.
Happy Early Dismissal!
How many of you are volunteering at the Seafood Fest next Wednesday? Just curious...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The harvest fest? im doing that

About Me

My photo
Welcome DHS students! Here you will find all sorts of pertininet information regarding our class, including assignments, important dates, and upcoming events. I will be adding on to the blog I used for my 10th grade Honors, so feel free to go back and peruse some of the activities we did! Enjoy! :)